[Staff14] Convolution 2015 Staff Solicitation

Erik Bigglestone erbigglestone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:49:51 CDT 2015

Greetings, all!

I haven't yet contacted a lot of the people who built Convolution over its
previous 3 years, and it's past time that I rectified that situation.
Please consider this email to be an extended hand, asking one and all if
you would be willing to contribute your talents and time to Convolution
2015.

(I know some of you may not be interested, so this is the only time I'll be
using the prior years' staff email lists.)

For those of you who are not aware, this year's theme, LEGION, represents
the concept of a United Nations of Fandom. The idea behind this is an
extension of Convolution's original premise that nearly everyone is a Fan
-- we are everywhere -- because there are so many things that can be
considered as speculative fiction: literature, video games, cartoons,
summer blockbuster movies, etc. Why not invite people to be "delegates" for
those passions, to learn about unfamiliar geek interests, and to explore
the differences and challenges we experience?

Please feel free to check this year's website for more information about
the theme, our current lists of guests and available staff positions, and
to see who's running each division. Upon request, I'm also happy to send
you my original bid from 2 years ago for the chairmanship of this year, so
you can see what I was thinking then compared to where we are now. I am
also looking at calendar dates and locations for adding 2 more staff
meetings to the schedule; keep an eye on social media and the website
itself for more information about that.

Thanks very much for your attention, and don't hesitate to write me with
questions, suggestions or comments. Please share our social media posts on
Facebook, Twitter and Google+, talk to people about your experiences withe
past years, and I hope to see some of you at future meetings!

*Erik** Bigglestone*
Chairman, *Convolution 2015 - www.con-volution.com
<http://www.con-volution.com>*
Managing Owner, *Games of Berkeley - www.gamesofberkeley.com
<http://www.gamesofberkeley.com>* <http://www.gamesofberkeley.com/>
President & Chairman, *Evil Empire, Inc.*